Thursday, November 6, 2008

The TCM journey

        Sunday I went to Edmonton for my acupuncture and cupping appointment. I LOVE acupuncture! So relaxing and peaceful! Anyhooters... about 2  months into my TCM journey now! But no dice... kinda getting a little to used to that feeling.. but as I said, I LOVE acupuncture! So its all good! But herbs... not so lovable! 
         Up to now, I have only had these little black pills. They are herbal, but made into pills so it is easier for us North Americans to handle. Well Sunday I was given a new adventure to embark upon. Herbs, in their most potent form! Dried leaves, seeds, bark, roots... you get the picture. And if you don't.. there are the photos! Back to the point.. The herbs are NASTY! I have to spend two hours a day boiling them to make a REALLY REALLY strong (and bitter) 'tea', which I consume twice a day.(as fast as I can, what with the involuntary shudders and such) But, its only 5 days, and I am on day 4! YIPPEE!!! So far though, still nothing! But I will give it time to work its magic! On to the photos! 

Before cooking.. kind of pretty! Like... potpourri! 




Boiling Away




The finished product




Tasty Eh?

Well that is the newest in my infertile adventures! There is more, but I'm thinking a new post is due. Seeing as this one took FOREVER to get the photos working properly!

0 comments: