Friday, August 16, 2013

bedtime!

K is back in her phase of crying, screaming, bartering and just generally avoiding sleep at bedtime. Tonight was no exception! After 45 minutes of intermittent flipping out and multiple visits from a very tired mumma, I decided to just snuggle her. She is swiftly growing up, and my belly is making our snuggle times more difficult but it's such a precious time. So we rocked in her room for a little while before she asked "mumma's nigh nigh for bit? Yes please" (side note, she currently says 'yes please' to any yes/no question that requires an affirmative) After making the guidelines clear that it was for cuddles only, not bum drops and play time, we laid down on my bed. We chatted about going to the 'punk' with daddy, the swings and slides, her desire to see papa and nana, and then IT happened!

Baby #2 started wiggling like crazy! So I put K's hand on my tummy and asked if she felt baby sister wiggling. She did! At first she seemed uninterested, then she got excited and exclaimed 'baby sister wiggling!' and did the cutest little bum wiggle while laying down still. We laid like that for 15 minutes, just chatting and enjoying the wiggles. Baby even got the hiccups which K could feel too! It was a beautiful moment I nearly missed out on because it was bedtime!

We sang hymns and rocked in her room until she started to doze, then she went to bed with only a moments fuss. It was a beautiful time with my sweet girl, one I will cherish all the more since I know our 'only child' days are swiftly coming to an end. 


 

0 comments: