Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Music Game (aka copying Jené)

Music Game

Step 1: Put your music player on shuffle.
Step 2: Write the first line from the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let anyone guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Strike out the songs when someone guesses correctly (No googling the lyrics!) (I shall use
 white instead, because I can't figure out the strike out thing on blogger on my mac)

1- "Thought that I'd be happy, Gonna be so happy, living life alone and never sharing anything"
-Then I met you, The Proclaimers

2- "Pride can stand a thousand trials, the strong will never fall."
-Kissing You, Romeo & Juliet soundtrack Jené + 2 points

3- "Steve walks warily down the street, with the brim pulled way down low"
-Another One Bites the Dust, Queen

4-"Grab your skateboard, leave your troubles behind, we're gonna hit the streets, there's lots of fun to find"
-Bomb the Hill, Smiley Kids

5-"All heavy laden aquatinted with sorrow, May Christ in our marrow, carry us home"
-This Road, Jars of Clay

6- "When I'm down you get me up, I'll always have you to count on"
-Undefeated, Horrorpops

7- "There's a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear"
-Natural Mystic, Bob Marley

8-"No greater joy is there than this, to know for what we're meant to live"
-The Hand That Hold The World, Starfield

9-"I'm talking about love! All my girls, stand in a circle and clap your hands, this is for you"
-L.O.V.E, Ashlee Simpson

10-"Well, well, everyday was filled with all the love and happiness I could find in my life"
-What Did I Get Myself Into?, Kyle Riabko

11-"16, 16 minutes left, better get it done, 16, 16, 16 more minutes, get ready, game on!"
-Now or Never, HSM3 soundtrack  Jené + 1 Point

12-" Oi, lienda, Bella che fa? Bonita, bonita, Qué tal? But, Belle, je ne comprends pas francais"
-Belle, Jack Johnson  Drew + 2 Points

13-"I couldn't tell you why she felt that way, she felt it everyday, and I couldn't help her"
-Nobody's Home, Avril Lavigne

14-"How can you see into my eyes, Like open doors, Leading you down into my core"
-Bring me to Life, Evanescence

15-"Multiply your love through us, to the lost and the least. Let us be your healing hands"
-Multiply Your Love, Vineyard

16-Spoken intro "Well, baby, when I first saw you, we were at the hippy Rock Show..." singing starts "Looks like we made it, look how far we've come my baby, we might a took the long 
way..."
-You're Still The One, Roper   Drew + 2 Points,  Jené + 1 Point

17-"Gravity is working against me, and gravity wants to bring me down"
-Gravity, John Mayer

18-"Never knew how much I love you, Never knew how much I care"
-Fever, Ray Charles Jené + 2 Points

19-"I like where we are, when we drive in your car, I like where we are here"
-Here (in your arms), HelloGoodbye Jené + 2 Points 

20-"Oh no, I see, a spider web is tangled up with me, and I lost my head"
-Trouble, Coldplay

21-"ooh ooh when you love someone so deeply, they become your life"
-Butterfly, Mariah Carey

22-"Every welcome mat, every welcome rug, is trying hard to say what so many people over look"
-Different is Beautiful, Riley Armstrong

23-"Close your eyes, make a wish, and blow out the candlelight. For tonight is just your night"
-I'll Make Love to You, Boyz II Men (I can't believe no one got this one!)

24-"And what do I, and what do I, what do I need to do, to see myself in a better mood?"
-Fix You Up, Tegan & Sara    Jené + 2 points

 25-"When the night has come, and the land is dark, and the moon is the only light we'll see. No I won't be afraid"
-Stand By Me, Ben E. KingJené + 2 Points

Scoring:
Jené =  12 Points
Drew = 4 Points (but he never actually commented so.. boourns to him!)

6 comments:

Jené said...

#2 - Kissing You - Des'ree (I should know that one, I walked down the aisle to that!)
I have a feeling #11 is from HSM...
#16 - You're still the one - Shania Twain
#18 - Fever - could be by a few artists, maybe Peggy Lee or Michael Buble?
#24 - Fix You Up - Tegan and Sara
#25 - Stand by me - also, a few people have done this, Fugees, Ben King?

this beautiful mess said...

frick a frack! this is a hard game. will need to think about it. so dependent on google it's not funny.

Jené said...

Ack #19 is Hello Goodbye's Here in your arms! It just came to me!!

(Sorry, I'm hijacking your contest)

JillannaJoy said...

Ohh Jené, you were so close on a couple of them. #11 is indeed HSM... HSM 3 to be exact.. #16 you got the right song.. wrong artist. It is a cover. #18 is Ray Charles, but I'll give you that one.. seeing as EVERYONE has done a cover of that song.

Jené said...

Phew about #16 - I thought I was gonna have to have a little talk with you about what the heck Shania Twain was doing on your playlist! haha jk

JillannaJoy said...

haha not really into Shania.. well not since I was 12 anyways! Its a cover by a band mostly comprised of Five Iron Frenzy members.