Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Clomid Experiment

Well, it has now been 8 days since I started Clomid. I'm finished my 5 days worth, and am now in the... ahem 'waiting' stage. Now we wait to see if I actually ovulate or not. I sure am hoping this works out. I'm not sure how much longer I can handle this stage in our marriage. The whole infertility battle sucks. With my hormones basically doing the best disappearing trick ever, and taking my sex drive with them. It has sucked! So, imagine trying to maintain a sex life, let alone one like they suggest when trying to conceive. (I'm talking every 36 hours!) I'm ready for sex to be sex again! Not trying to make a baby sex! Because as much as all the books recommend taking some time off from trying to make a baby,m and just enjoying sex again. SERIOUSLY? If I knew how to shut off the desire, oh I SO would have years ago.

Anyhooters... So, as far as I can tell... nothing is happening with Clomid. But I need to give it at least a full week more to know if I'm going to ovulate or not. So far, all I am getting is a whack load of hot flashes that wake up me all night long! But on the upside, I have some hope again! This just might work! And Drew and I are praying together every night again. He prays for my uterus and for God to open my womb so I can conceive! I love it! And we are both so excited about the idea of having a baby of our own! I can only imagine how hard the next few weeks will be if this clomid doesn't work. My SIL is due in about 2 weeks, and I have 2 friends due any time now! EEK! Please Lord, make me strong!

Time to get back to work.. aka.. crimp my hair! NKOTB is TONIGHT! I'm so excited! Our family was kind of out of the loop growing up. I had NO idea who NKOTB was until they were no more! So imagine my excitement when they announced the reunion tour! I get to live part of my youth I missed out on. But being a super sheltered home-schooled kid was amazing, and even if I was out of the loop, I wouldn't trade it for anything! Okay.. back to work! (I really am at work! What a slacker I am eh?)

0 comments: