Friday, August 16, 2013

Back in the proverbial saddle

What what? I am blogging again? Sure! Why not right? I may not be overly talented when it comes to writing but, it will be a good way to include people in the crazy life that is mine :)


 
K is a wild child, full of nearly fearless wonder! I am pretty sure she could spend her entire day at the 'punk' on the slide and swings! She loves to play 'Duck Daddy' with DW, which consists of DW holding her swing up as high as he can until she says 'Duck Daddy' and daddy hits the deck. She has also suddenly grown up since she turned two, and can frequently be found playing all by herself, chit chatting with her Little People princesses and putting them to 'nigh nigh'. She is growing up SO fast! I keep trying to imagine her as a big sister, but so much changes every week that I have no idea what is to come (except drastic change!)

Baby #2 is 11 weeks away from her 'due' date! I am exhausted, sleeping terribly, getting insane amounts of heartburn and loving it! I can't wait to meet the little person growing inside me. I love being pregnant, especially once baby starts to really move around :) I lay awake often at night (11:30 is party time apparently) just grinning like an idiot while my girl wiggles like crazy. It is such an amazing journey! 

Our house on the other hand... It feels like we will be stuck here forever! We have so many little projects to do that require stools, or are too chemically/heavy/etc for my preggo self to do. And my husband is not a renovation kind of guy... At all! He thinks we should build our next house, I loath the idea! I like older homes with some character, that need some tlc. This house is beyond that though, it needs someone with REALLY deep pockets or a backhoe! Neither of which describe us! 

My wish list for a new place is pretty simple: a bathroom on the same floor as my bedroom! Being pregnant for the second time in this house is just torture! By the time I get down the stairs, pee, and back up to bed, I am wide awake and hungry! Plus we have the creakiest floor/stairs. I can not count how many times I have woken poor K up at night just trying to go pee before I explode!

Anyone love painting/caulking/gutter cleaning/gardening (stupid cats!) etc? Feel free to come on over! I will feed anyone who wants to help :)

0 comments: