Monday, October 17, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Cookies!

These cookies are officially my new favorites :) I love me some tasty pumpkin goodness! Thank you Heather for the recipe!!

Pumpkin Spice Cookies
3/4 c. shortening
1 c. sugar
1 c. pumpkin
1 egg
2 c. flour
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tea nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt

Cream shortening, sugar, and pumpkin.
Add egg and vanilla mix well.
Add sifted dry ingredients.
Drop from spoon onto cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.

Frosting
1/2 package of cream cheese (4 oz)
1/8 cup of butter
1 cup icing sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla

Beat frosting ingredients until smooth.
Frost cookies after they have cooled.
ENJOY!

Variation: I used butter instead of shortening, because that's what I had :) I also added cinnamon to the frosting, then melted and brushed it onto the cookies while they were warm with a pastry brush! Delish!

0 comments: