Monday, October 17, 2011

Pumpkin Muffins: take 2



Seeing as Kyra woke ridiculously early today, I decided to bake! At 5:30 am :) I wanted to try a bit healthier version of the pumpkin muffin recipe I posted a few days ago. I replaced 1 cup of oil with plain applesauce (that I canned myself last fall)

I also added candied pumpkin seeds (just like Starbucks & Tim Horton's)
Candied Pumpkin Seeds
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup raw shelled pumpkin seeds

Spray large baking sheet with cooking spray. Heat seeds in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently, 5 minutes or until the seeds begin to pop. Add sugar, and stir constantly about 1 minute or until sugar begins to liquefy and caramelize; add cinnamon and salt. Spread seeds on prepared baking sheet, and cool. Break apart the seeds that are stuck together, once they have cooled.

I got the recipe for the Pumpkin seeds from Meemos Kitchen

0 comments: