Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hermit much?

     So, I think I made a discovery about myself. I am a hermit! Ever since my battle with fertility began, I have withdrawn further and further into my little 'safe' space. My bubble basically consists of family, and friends I've had for years. 

     I hate meeting new people! Once you join the marrieds, it starts right away. Every new couple you meet asks the same questions -and usually during your first conversation- about having kids. Seriously, explaining such an emotional and personal issue with a stranger? NOT my idea of a good time!
-a- way to painful for me
-2- I feel inadequate or like a failure.
-c- just plain AWKWARD!

     So, next time you meet new people, who aren't lugging around diaper bags, mini coats, and random McDonalds toys, DON'T ask the kid question! So many women are dealing with fertility issues these days, and bringing it up, not fun! If they are open to talking about such things, they will bring it up themselves!

0 comments: