Sunday, January 4, 2009

Holy Smokes!

It's 2009 already!?!? Egads! Where the hecla did 2008 disappear to? 
So, my year in review... Not to shabby! Definitely had it's ups & downs! 

Some HIGHS of 2008
  • Claire's birth! Oh my goodness! She is just too adorable! Now I have 4 nieces! 
  • Acquiring a job I actually enjoy! (over 3 months there already! wowza)
  • Mumsie/daughters trip to Great Falls, Montana! 
  • Painting my bathroom red! LOVE it!
  • Drew & I both turned 25, which means our car insurance went down this year! Always a plus :o)
  • Spending more time with Drew's brother and his lovely wife.
  • 3 weeks in B.C. with Becky and her family (which grew while I was there, see below)
  • Being part of a home birth!! So neat! Plus.. first nephew! Boo yeah!
  • Got a new tv.. which is HUGE and awesome!
  • Family camp in August = spending heaps of time with Tanya! 
  • BSB Concert with Beaker
  • Drew and I started praying together HEAPS more
  • Paid off one credit card! 
  • NKOTB concert with Beaker, Tanya and Stephanie
  • Read the Twilight series
  • Saw Twilight twice in theaters (in the same weekend)
And a couple lows
  • Drew's car being broke into
  • Our house almost being broke into
  • Pretty much everyone I know getting pregnant
  • Babies EVERYwhere! (which I love!! but tends to hurt like bloody hell somedays)
  • Drew being gone for the last week of December (and the first week of 2009)
  • One unsuccessful cycle on Clomid.
I love beginnings. A new year leads the way for new goals, new ambitions, new dreams. I now have a starting point. Screw 2008. All the 'resolutions' that weren't met are wiped clean. The lack of sticking to a diet, the lack of exercise, the over spending... GONE! (sadly the debt stays though haha) Now we can hope anew! 

What I 'HOPE' 2009 holds
  • Budgets being stuck to
  • Credit Card debt paid off in full!
  • Meal plans made up and actually implemented
  • Spiritual renewal
  • A new home, one that is a peaceful place for me, that is not just a house
  • A renewed hope in the future. 
  • That my womb at long last would be filled.

Happy New Year one and all! May your cup runneth over! 

0 comments: